It looks like the editors at Stylelist.com can’t get enough of Nightly Candy!
IT’S TIME FOR ANOTHER FALL FASHION REVIEW
Fall Fashion Finds with Nightly Candy! Illustration by © 2010 Nana-Adwoa Ofori
Payless is not the store it was when I was a kid.
Back in the days (depending where you grew up) shopping at Payless could be the catalyst for some teasing.
Payless has since revamped their look.
They traded in their boring paten leather Mary Janes for fashionable footwear with styles that are on trend.
On a positive note: Payless has a great deal of variety in their collection this fall. On the negative side, the Madge over the Knee boot was not a home run for me.
I wanted to love them (really I did) but they just missed the mark.
Here are some of the reasons why I had to pass.
1) There was no cushioning or support.
2) The material was sub par. I love animals, I’m all about faux leathers but you this material was just sad.
3) The fabric attracted dirt and particles like bees flock to flowers.
4) These boots weren’t made for walking. The soles barley had any traction.
5) When the boot is folded, there is only enough material to reach the top of my calf.
Photo Credit: Mammi-Ama Ofori
If you’re looking for a real over the knee fall boot at a decent price, check out Newport News.
Now that is what I call OVER the KNEE!
On sale for $49.99
Newport News has also re-branded themselves for the better.
I’m not a fan of every piece in the collection but on they’ve got some super cute apparel and accessories for reasonable prices.
Although the Payless over the knee boot was a bust, all is not lost for Payless in my eyes.
I’ll might quickly stop by next season to see if any thing will grab my attention.